There is a lot of mystique surrounding what it takes to be a great leader. There have been tens of thousands of books written on leadership and there are a multitude of ‘gurus’ pushing their pet theories. The result, for many, is a sense of confusion about exactly what good leadership is.
In short, great leadership involves being the best leader you can be in the service of the important goals or vision of your organisation or community. This means:
- Co-creating a compelling vision of the future;
- Exciting others about that vision so that they want to play an active part;
- Helping others believe that they and ‘we’ can succeed; and
- Being flexible in response to the changes and challenges you face as you move forward towards your better future
So What Are The Questions?
If you a going to succeed on your leadership journey there are a few basic questions that you need to find the answers to:
- What do you stand for as a leader?
- Where are you heading?
- What kind of leadership is most needed in your world?
- How do you bring others with you?
- How do you know if you are ready to take on a stronger leadership role?
- What are the leadership fundamentals that you need to master?
- What makes people ‘tick’
- How do you manage your strengths and weaknesses as a leader?
- How do you lead successfully under pressure?
- How do you improve and develop as a leader?